Daughter of actress Jane Birkin and Bond film composer John Barry found dead
- Kate Barry, 46, was a photographer published in Vogue and Sunday Times
- Her artistic family included Serge Gainsbourg and his daughter Charlotte
- Police investigating after anti-depressants were said to have been found
- French culture minister offers 'heartfelt thoughts to a family we all love'
The 46-year-old was the daughter of actress and singer Jane Birkin and the late James Bond composer John Barry.
Ms Barry's body was found soon after 6.30pm on Wednesday in the 16th arrondissement of the French capital.
Sources say she fell 80ft from a window of her apartment, where anti-depressants were found inside.
It is just a few miles from the flat where Ms Birkin herself now lives on Paris's Left Bank.
Ms Barry was thought to be alone inside the flat before the tragedy happened, and anti-depressants were said to have been found by police.
'The matter is under investigation, but we can confirm the death,' said a local police spokesman. He said the front door of the floor was found locked.
France's culture minister paid a moving tribute to Ms Barry today, offering 'heartfelt and loving thoughts' to 'a family we all love, the French love'.
Aurelie Filippetti said Ms Barry had become 'an outstanding photographer who understood the very meaning of pictures, staging, light and composition'.
Ms Barry is also survived by a son, Roman de Kermadec, who is 26. Her half-sister was actress Charlotte Gainsbourg, the daughter of Ms Birkin and the late French singer Serge Gainsbourg.
Ms Birkin, who also has a daughter called Lou Doillon with the director Jacques Doillon, has frequently spoken about her closeness to her daughters.
Earlier this year, she said: 'I've never had a week without having all three of my daughters on the telephone.
'My eldest daughter, Kate, looks most like me. She's a photographer. She had a Polaroid camera in her hand from a young age and photographed her sisters all the time.'
Ms Barry's parents separated in 1967, the year she was born in London, and she was brought up until the age of 13 by Ms Birkin and Gainsbourg, who died in 1991.
At 17, she underwent treatment for drug and alcohol addiction in central London.
She had a close relationship with groups including Alcoholics Anonymous and set up a centre for addicts in France in 1993.
Ms Barry began her career as a professional photographer in 1996 and her first major exhibition was at the Bunkamura Gallery in Tokyo in 2000.
She went on to produce pictures for a variety of publications including British Vogue and the Sunday Times magazine.
Для профессионалов похоронной отрасли
Можно ли пройти курсы Бальзамирования, не имея высшего или средне-специального медицинского образования?
- Москвичи смогут получить справку о смерти в режиме "одного окна"
- Вечера памяти знаменитых личностей могут пройти на столичных кладбищах
- Дополнительные электрокары появятся на московских кладбищах
- Пункт приема заказов на похоронные услуги появится на Троекуровском кладбище
- В Москве на Новодевичьем кладбище установили памятники южноафриканским коммунистам